Injured at Work – Healthcare Worker
We help injured doctors, nurses, NPs and EMS workers.
Most people don’t realize just how much healthcare workers do in a day’s work. They lift patients in and out of cars, ambulances, wheelchairs and gurneys, transferring them to hospital, clinic and ER beds. They are exposed to airborne diseases and viruses, bacteria and contaminated needles. They handle razor-sharp scalpels that may be covered in germs, infected fluids or blood. Healthcare workers injured in hospitals, clinics, assisted living facilities, emergency rooms or doctor’s offices can suffer injuries as serious as construction site injuries. And, just like any workplace injury, filing a workers compensation claim is the first step toward recovering; financially and medically. But the process can be frustratingly complicated and, without the help of a workers comp lawyer, work injury victims have their claim denied.
Here are just a few of the healthcare industry injury cases that we handle:
- Daily exposure to infectious diseases
- Dealing with toxins, contaminants and body fluids
- Potentially fatal needle-stick injuries
- Surgical lacerations
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Lifting injury from moving patients in/out of beds and gurneys
- Risk of violent attack from disoriented or unstable patients
- Hazardous pharmaceutical lab work
We defend the workers compensation rights of injured healthcare workers.